This post is the mid-year book freak out tag! I am not sure who created the tag so if you know let me know in the comments so I can give them credit. Now let’s get into these questions.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
– Loved this book! Sophie Kinsella never fails me. —> Review of MNSPL
2. The best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017.
Avenged by Amy Tintera
– So amazing I can not wait to read book three next year.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
This book just sounds amazing and I can not wait to read it.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
The back story of the Evil Queen? Yes, please. I can not wait for this book to be released.
5. Biggest disappointment.
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
– I wanted to love this book so bad. I liked it okay but I didn’t fall in love with it. I think I had really high expectations for it because I love The Lunar Chronicles so much.
—> Review: spoiler free
6. Biggest surprise.
Sadly, there has not been a book so far this year that has completely surprised me.
7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)
The only new authors that I have read I haven’t fallen in love with their work so I do not have a new favorite author.
8. Newest fictional crush.
I would say Alex from My Not So Perfect Life. He seemed like a cool fun dude.
9. Newest favorite character.
Katie from My Not So Perfect Life. I really related to her struggles in life so I really liked her.
10. A book that made you cry.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K Rowling – Yup HP made me cry.
11. A book that made you happy.
My Not So Perfect Life– Sophie Kinsella knows how to write comedic scenes and this book had me laughing so much.
12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
Harry Potter 1 and 2!!
13. Favorite post you have written so far in this year
Words I Learned from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast– This was such a fun post to write so that is my favorite so far this year.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
So I have only bought two books this year and the cover for both aren’t amazing. So I am going to say the most beautiful book I borrowed from the NYPL which was King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
First off I need to finish Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. As well as…
–Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau
–A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
–Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
That’s it! The mid-year book freak out tag! I tag everyone to answer all or some of these questions in the comments! I can’t wait to read your answers.
Until next time book nerds,