Today I will be discussing Ruined by Amy Tintera. This review will have spoilers if you are looking for a spoiler-free review check out my review. Like I said in my spoiler-free review I really enjoyed this book, so much that I gave it five stars. Also because I read Ruined a little while ago it is not that fresh in my mind. So I will just be stating some of the thoughts I had when I was reading this book.
- Em has some trust issues but she does have reason to be like that.
- The scene where Cas gets stabbed in the shoulder at the wedding reception I did not see that coming. When it happened I literally said, “what just happened?”
- I found it interesting that Olivia had just been moved right when Em got to the castle. Did the King know that someone might be looking for Olivia? Also, I want to know why Cas felt that Olivia was more a visitor than a prisoner? What were her conditions when she was staying in the castle?
- After Damian is captured and tortured I did not think that they would actually kill him. When they are about to execute him I thought that Em or someone else will find a way to save him. Boy was I wrong, they were not able to find a way to save Damian.
- One of the parts in the book that really annoyed me about Em is how she did not tell Cas that she was going to tell him the truth. On page 298 Cas is asking Em why she didn’t tell him who she really was. I was screaming OMG Em tell him you were on your way to tell him when the whole painting craziness happened? But, no she just let Cas believe that she didn’t want to tell him the truth.
- Why is Cas always getting hurt? Isn’t he suppose to be a great fighter? Well at the end Cas gets hit with an arrow and again I am in shock as to what has just happened and to everything else that is happening.
- Once I got to the end of the book and read the last line said by Olivia I knew that the next book was going to be insane! I can’t wait for the next book Avenged to be released.
Last line: “ Don’t cry, Em. They will fear us soon enough.” – Olivia pg. 355
Those are all of my random thoughts that I had while reading Ruined. Let me know in the comments what your thoughts on Ruined were. Did you enjoy it as much as I did? or not? Look out for book two Avenged on May 2, 2017.
Until next time book nerds,